Sts Francis and Clare, Melbourne: 3rd Sunday in the month – December 19, at Notting Hill. 11am.
St Raphael the Healer, Brisbane: 9.30am Queensland time, on Facebook.
The Upper Room, Adelaide: Each Sunday, as advised.
Other Communities: As advised.
The Human Condition … Job 14.1-3
Man that is born of woman is of a few days, and full of trouble.
He comes forth like a flower, and withers;
He flees like a shadow and continues not.
And dost thou open thy eyes upon such a one
And bring him into judgement with thee …
Blessed are those … Matthew 5.3-12.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for the prophets were prosecuted in this same way in former times.
Blessed is the Bishop – Pope Francis
1. Blessed is the bishop who makes poverty and sharing his lifestyle, because with his witness he is building the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed is the bishop who does not fear to cover his face with tears, so that in them can be mirrored the sorrows of the people, the fatigue of priests, and who finds in the embrace of the one who suffers the consolation of God.
3. Blessed is the bishop who considers his ministry a service and not a power, making meekness his strength, giving to all the right of citizenship in his own heart, so as to inhabit the land promised to the meek.
4. Blessed is the bishop who does not close himself in the palaces of government, who does not become a bureaucrat more attentive to statistics than to faces, to procedures than to people’s stories, who seeks to fight at the side of people for the dream of the justice of God because the Lord, encountered in the silence of daily prayer, will be his nourishment.
5. Blessed is the bishop who has a heart for the misery of the world, who does not fear dirtying his hands with the mud of the human soul in order to find there the gold of God, who is not scandalized by the sin and fragility of the other because he is conscious of his own misery, because the look of the Risen Crucified One will be for him the seal of infinite pardon.
6. Blessed is the bishop who wards off duplicity of heart, who avoids every ambiguous dynamic, who dreams good even in the midst of evil, because he will be able to enjoy the face of God, tracking it down in every puddle of the city of people.
7. Blessed is the bishop that works for peace, who accompanies the paths of reconciliation, who sows in the heart of the presbyterate the seed of communion, who accompanies a divided society on the pathway of reconciliation, who takes by hand every man and every woman of good will in order to build fraternity: God will recognize him as his son.
8. Blessed is the bishop who for the Gospel does not fear to go against the tide, making his face “hard” like that of Christ heading to Jerusalem, without letting himself be held back by misunderstandings and by obstacles because he knows that the Kingdom of God advances in contradiction to the world.
The Inclusive Sacramental Church of Christ
Presiding Bishop: Rt Rev Harry Aveling. Vicar General: Bishop-Elect David Jones.
St Francis and St Clare, Melbourne:Pastor: Rt Rev Harry Aveling.Deacon: Marion Gilchrist.
Deaconess Roberta Howard; Servers: Peter Howard, (Reader); Noel Wyndom.
Singers: Robyn James; Marian Quartly.
Oratory of St Julian of Norwich, Berwick: Rev. Dr Joan Wilkinson (Priest).
Community of St Raphael the Healer, Brisbane: Rev Vicki Jones (Deacon); Very Rev David Jones (Priest).
The Upper Room Adelaide: Rev John Coles; Rev Raymee Chau (Subdeacons).
Western Australia: Rev Fr Neil Blay (Priest)
TISCC, Auckland: Rev Dr Jerry Sullivan (Deacon)
Lumen Ecclesia Christ, Malaysia: Mr Felix Cheah (Candidate for the Priesthood)